- Compliance with Applicable Laws and Regulations
- FFJ shall protect all personal information collected in accordance with the principles of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information as well as the Guidelines for Personal Information Protection in addition to any other applicable legislation.
- Intended Use of Personal Information
- In addition to any purposes as specified prior to its use, FFJ may use personal information collected for the following purposes:
1. For the purpose of exercising any legal or contractual rights or for the purpose of carrying out of any legal or contractual obligations.
2. For the purpose of any kinds of communications and/or provision of support services as required.
- Collection of Personal Information
- FFJ shall collect personal information in a fair and lawful manner and only to the extent required in the course of carrying out business activities.
- Storage of Personal Information
- FFJ shall preserve the accuracy of all personal information and store it in a safe manner. In order to prevent any loss, damage or unauthorized disclosure of personal information and to ensure its proper storage, FFJ shall likewise adopt sufficient security measures, including setting forth appropriate regulations for the secure storage of personal information as well as implementing a system for enforcing said regulations, in addition to taking the appropriate safety measures to ensure information is kept accurate and up-to-date as necessary for its intended use.
- Use of Personal Information
- FFJ shall limit its use of any personal information collected throughout the course of its business activities exclusively to those purposes for which it was explicitly obtained and to the extent necessary in order to carry out said business activities.
As a general rule FFJ shall not use personal information for any purpose other than that for which it was specifically obtained without first obtaining prior consent from the data subject. Nevertheless, to the extent to which it can logically be deemed relevant to the purpose for which it was originally obtained, personal information may be used for a different purpose without prior consent provided that said new purpose is disclosed in advance.
- Release of Personal Information to Third Parties
Except when required by law, FFJ may not release personal information to third parties without first obtaining prior consent from the data subject. However, with the exception of sensitive personal information, personal information may be provided to third parties in the following cases:
1. When permitted by law.
2. When required to preserve the life, bodily integrity or property of others and when consent cannot reasonably be obtained from the data subject.
3. To promote improvements in public health or for the purpose of furthering children’s education and when consent cannot reasonably be obtained from the data subject.
4. When necessary in order for any national government agency, regional public organization or any individual working for said bodies to perform their duties as required by law and when obtaining consent from the data subject may pose a threat to their ability to successfully carry out said duties.
5. When FFJ has entrusted the handling of said personal information, whole or in part, to a third party within the scope of the purpose for which the information was obtained.
6. When, in the event of merger or due to other causes, personal information is provided to allow for the successful takeover of business activities.
7. When it is necessary for personal information to be shared and used by a designated individual within the scope of the purpose for which the information was obtained.
Should FFJ make personal information available for shared use with a third party, or should FFJ entrust the handling of said personal information to a third party, said thirty party shall first be subject to rigorous examination, and shall be required to enter into whatever contracts necessary to ensure the privacy of the personal information, and shall be subject to ongoing supervision as appropriate.
- Right to Access, Rectification, Suspension, and Erasure of Personal Information
- Upon receiving a request to access, rectify, suspend or erase any personal information retained under the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, FFJ shall respond to such requests once it has verified that the requester has the authority to exercise said right.
- Use of Statistical Data
- FFJ may use personal information to compile statistical data in such a way which does not reveal the identity of the data subject. FFJ reserves the right to the unlimited use of any statistical data which does not include any personally identifying information.
- Destruction of Personal Information
- When personal information is no longer required for the purposes for which it was obtained, FFJ may proceed to the erasure or destruction of said information. Any such erasure or destruction shall take place to the extent required and while taking whatever measures are necessary and appropriate to prevent its unauthorized disclosure or any other relevant risks.
- Organization and System
- FFJ shall appoint a personal information manager and ensure that personal information is stored properly at all times. FFJ shall likewise provide training regarding the protection of personal information as well as the appropriate storage of said information to all employees and executives and ensure that personal information is handled properly at all times throughout the course of daily business activities.
For any questions or complaints regarding how FFJ handles personal information please contact us via our contact form.